Painful Celebrity Moment

I can't believe I forgot about this! A few weeks ago, after visiting my beautiful girlfriend in San Antonio, I had a layover in Detroit. I was on the plane early (you can do that in an exit row seat), and reading Essential X-Men vol. 4 (a GREAT way to follow up a re-read of Dark Phoenix).

A man decked out in full cowboy gear came down the aisle. I wouldn't have thought much about it except he looked familiar... which is saying a lot cause I don't know anyone that would wear cowboy gear. It turned out to be Don Imus, who had only a month before skewered himself in front of America by making bigoted remarks about a successful basketball team comprised mostly of African-American women. He sat down across the aisle from me, and I didn’t even have time to text anyone about it!

You know, I thought he was just gonna be old. But instead, he didn't look aged, just grizzled. He had a shade of sandy blonde hair I'd never seen before in my life, and his outfit suggested that he wasn't very accustomed to flying from Detroit to Pittsburgh. He acted irritated and moody for the ride, not even drinking a thing (hey, c'mon those drinks are FREE, people). No one said a thing to him the entire flight. He was ignored.

No comments: