Quiznos Sammies Don't Deliver

There's a Quizno's down the block from me. I have to walk past it to get to my comic shop, Phantom of the Attic. For anyone that's seen more than three posts on this blog, they'll know that I'm at the comic book store pretty often.

Suffice to say, I've seen the ad for Quiznos' new flatbread Sammies sandwiches a lot in the past few weeks. The ad hanging in the store window looks awesome. A soft toasty dough busting at the seams with fillings. It looks like an incredible deal for only $2.00.

It's not. Sammies are savagely overpriced at two bucks. They're also ridiculously small (probably about three inches across unfolded) and they are meagerly doused with fillings. They're premade, so you can't subtract any items from their four boring varieties. The guy behind the counter at my Quiznos wasn't willing to add any extra toppings either.

Don't get me wrong - I didn't expect a whole lot. But I did desire a moderately satisfying experience at the very least. No luck. Although the flavor was okay, I would never go out and buy another one of these dinky embarrassments deviously disguised as a flatbread sandwich value.

No comments: