My Top 10 Spider-Man Covers of All-Time

Comics Should Be Good! (a.k.a. my favorite comic book blog) is counting down The 50 Greatest Spider-Man Covers of All-Time, starting tomorrow. Today is the final day for voting and I wanna share my personal top 10 favorite Spider-Man comic book covers with you!



10. Spider-Man's Tangled Web #19
By Jim Mahfood, 2002.

09. Web of Spider-Man #4
By John Byrne, 1985.

08. Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #112
By Kyle Baker, 1986.



07. Web of Spider-Man #32
By Mike Zeck, 1987.

06. The Amazing Spider-Man #641
By Paolo Rivera, 2010.

05. The Amazing Spider-Man (v2) #21
By Erik Larsen, 2000.



04. The Amazing Spider-Man #50
By John Romita, 1967.

03. The Amazing Spider-Man #224
By John Romita, Jr., 1982.

02. Peter Parker: Spider-Man #29
By Kaare Andrews, 2001.



01. Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #101
By John Byrne, 1985.

I knew from the start that John Byrne's Spectacular Spidey #101 was my numero uno. I also knew that I'd be including covers by Kaare Andrews, Erik Larsen, and Paolo Rivera.

But it was tough to round out the rest of my top 10! I went through cover galleries of every major Spider-Man series of the past 40+ years to make sure that I didn't miss any hidden gems. And I almost did!!!

Inclusions like Jim Mahfood, Kyle Baker, and Mike Zeck were a bit of a surprise for me (though, in retrospect, it makes total sense knowing my taste in art).

Putting my top 10 in order was tough too. Things switched places a lot and some gorgeous work even slipped out of my top 10.

In the end, I feel like this is a solid mix of classic covers and lesser-known beauties. I hope you dig 'em as much as I do!

No comments: